Tuesday 19 May 2015

Magical Memories


Hi everyone and welcome to another post. 
This one is for D-lish Scraps as part of my design team requirements.


I wanted to do a real girly layout full of all my favourite goodies which D-lish has. So that means flowers, bows, butterflies just to name a few. D-lish Scraps has so many beautiful embellishments that you just want to put heaps on your layouts.

This is a photo of my husband's Grandparents on his Father's side. I wanted to use an older photo on this layout and found this little beauty. The large amount of flowers on the layout replicated the flowers on her coat perfectly.
Wasn't the fashion just wonderful back then.
I tried a black and white photo first but found that one with a little sepia in it was just so much better.


To start with I tore my papers in strips to lay across the bottom of the page.
I did a bit of stenciling on the background with a large doily stencil.
The little purple pansies were fussy cut out of a sheet of decoupage paper I found


All my chippy and wooden pieces were painted with white paint after I applied Gesso as the base.
When I am using flowers I try to use different sizes and styles, I think it adds interest.

I love this bow die that I received for Chrissy this year.
 The butterflies have been coated with Viva Perlen - pen.


I love the little " everlasting love" flair in the cluster.
The little white hearts throughout the cluster have been covered in glitter.

Some of the items used;
Blue Fern papers
Scrap papers (layers)
Plain bazzill
Gesso
Impasto
Kaisercraft doily stencil
Kaisercraft Stamps
D-lish Products;
Chipboard
Love frame
Flair
Butterflies
Wood embellies
fowers.
Ribbon
Gelatos

thanks for stopping by
have a great day
Carol xx


No comments:

Post a Comment