Monday 27 October 2014

" Live Laugh Love "

Scrap Around The World Challenge for October


Hi everyone
  I have been very busy this week with my scrapping. I saw this challenge and I really wanted to make sure that I left enough time to do it. Scrap Around The World had a mood board that had my all time favourite colour scheme and when I saw it I knew I had to do a page for it.
Even though I have been so busy I didn't want to miss out creating a page for this challenge site and this is what I came up with. This is my gorgeous little granddaughter Eliza. I put angel wings on her and put her in a garden of flowers. It wasn't until I stepped back that I realised it looks like she is pulling the flowers back to look through.I can almost hear her her saying Ta Da !!
Scrap Around The World.

I used so many ideas from the moodboard at SATW that I will try to remember them all for you. The colours would be the main inspiration,the butterflies, the jewels on the bracelet but I swapped for the pearls on my page. The wings off the bracelet, I put angel wings on the photo of Eliza so she looked like an angel. The zig zag on the shorts I use on the frames around the main photo but it was the whole feel of the board, so girly, so pretty.


This is the mood board at Scrap Around The World.
What a wonderful board created by Rachael Funnell

              http://awindowtoomyworld.blogspot.com.au/


Now for the closeups and some of the finer details
So much work on the background with Gesso, texture paste, inking with Dylusions. I put some gauze down and texture pasted that to the background for some extra texture.

Pearls, flowers and the little lace flowers and of course the beautiful ribbon from Green Tara

I love the chicken wire chippy from 2Crafty just poking out from the layers. The little stars were a last minute add with glitter to finish them off.

I love the way this photo looks like an angel sitting amongst the flowers looking down at the other angel.The angel wings are adorable. Again you can see all the work in the background
I tucked some lace between the layers under some punching out. Lots of little bits of yummy goodies poked here and there in this layout.
Some of the items used;
Monte Mart Gesso & Impasto 
Plain Bazzill
2Crafty Chipboard
Dylusion sprays
Green Tara ribbon
Prima flowers
Petaloo flowers
Bits and pieces of leftover papers
Ranger Stickles
Prima Resin cupid
Jo Sonja paints

Thanks for stopping by

Carol xx





No comments:

Post a Comment