Sunday 28 February 2016

"Favourite Memories"

Hello again,
 thanks so much for dropping by.

Today I'm sharing a very vintage layout that I completed as part of the design Team at Color, Stories and Inspiration for case file 192. I loved the darker colours in this case file and to me they just screamed vintage.

This is a photo of my Dad's mother " Ann" as a young girl.
I decided that this time I was not going to re-touch the photo at all. I thought it was just perfect the way it was..



Lots of case file elements in this one. 
The tearing of the papers, the old fashioned newspaper prints then all inked in aged mahogany distress ink looks amazing.
This is case file 192 as easy as 1 . 2. 3
1. The Scheme all 5 colours here -  Charcoal gray, Light gray, White, Flax yellow and Maroon
2. The Evidence I used the following-  newspaper, birdcage, bird, heart, leaves, flowers, vintage elements, distressing, and tearing.
3. The Testimony- I wrote the testimony on the back of the layout and I wrote a list of at least 7 things. I did it in the form of the family tree and was bale to go back 8 generations.


I found this piece of old lace in my stash and I think it just goes beautifully here.
All the chippy pieces and the wooden birdcage all were painted then I rubbed
inka gold paste and finished  them off with a few micro beads.



Lots of flowers on this layout (as usual) I rubbed a little inka gold paste 
on some of the flowers for this layout. I picked up the little yellow resin flowers in  Officeworks, gorgeous and self sticking.


Love the added Microbeads


Lots of layers of papers, wooden clock and the die cut paper clock.



I found this " Mont Marte"mannequin in one of the $2 shops in my area, little bit 
of dressing up and I think it looks very vintage.
 Just the right embellishment for this layout.

Some of the items I used:
Plain cardstock
Carta Bella  paper " Yesterday Ads "
Kaisercraft  paper - Art of Life collection  " " Creative"
Ceramcoat - Maroon
Jo Sonja Naples yellow
Mont Marte Mannequin
2 Crafty Cartia's swirl
Scrap FX chipboard
Green Tara flowers - Blossoms Ochre, Blossoms, Fantasy blooms
Petaloo flowers -Wild Mini blossoms
Prima Flowers - Parchment petals scrolls, Cartographer Adventurer
Officeworks-  resin flowers
Micro beads
Inka Gold paste
wooden birdcage and bird
lace


Thanks for stopping by
till next time
keep on scrapping

Carol xx



No comments:

Post a Comment