Sunday 5 July 2015

" Totally Loveable "

Hi everyone and today I'm sharing a layout that I can't believe but it only took me 4 hours to complete.
Yes, 4 hours from start to finish. Isn't funny how sometimes you can spends hours and even days on one layout and then when the "Mojo" is just right you can create one with no effort.
Anyway this is for the Major Case file 169 at 

This is my gorgeous little granddaughter Emelia. We decided to take her and her sister Eliza to " Oakdale  Farm " for some special Nanny and Poppy time.
What a wonderful day we had with these 2 gorgeous little people. We watched as they walked and looked at all the farm animals, fed the chickens and the ducks. They even were able to hand feed the baby goats and sheep with a bottle. Oakdale Farm is hands on so all the animals are used to be handed by the children which makes for a wonderful day.
We had a picnic lunch on the ground and then they played on the playground swings and slides. Two little girls were so tired after a fantastic day that they had a lovely sleep all the way home. 


To create this layout I took inspiration from Emma Stafrace and her brilliant sketch. I tore a piece of the top and the bottom of the paper then I laid the flower paper over the top part.

Major Case File 169 with the sketch attached.

Case File requirements;
The Scheme.. Turquoise, white, creamsicle orange, dark coppery brown and beige. 
The Evidence; I used Solid background, light bulbs, flourishes, diamond shapes, stencil, pearls.
The Testimony;  used the Topic " Document Family Fun" which I wrote down the side of the layout and it reads;
What a wonderful day at Oakdale Farm 2014. We watched you play with all the animals, feed the sheep, pat the horse that bit you on the tummy. Then you played in the playground for ages. We had lunch and then went home all tired but very happy.



All the chippy pieces were painted in the turquoise. 
I die cut out some brick work and added it to the background. 
I cut strips to make the tails coming down the page. 


In the fish tails I added some washi tape and daisy lace
then some beautiful beads to the centres.
 Pearls from Flourish with Bling drip down the page. 
You can see the hessian leaves, I hand cut them out to the size I wanted.


Matted the photos int he same cardstock as I used on the background layer.
 Milly's name was added to the frame which is the left over from a
2Crafty round frames packet. (never one to waste anything)


So many beautiful flowers on this layout. I didn't have any of the turquoise colour 
so I painted some white ones to match. 
This is such a great way to match your embellies to your page..paint them.




You can see I added a row of daily lace to the top and the bottom of the page. 
It fits into the daisy lace in the fish tails. I added some diamond texture paste to the 
background as per the case file requirements.


More of those wonderful flowers

some of the products used;
Papers by Teresa Collins and plain cardstock
Washi tape
Flourish with Bling pearls
Hessian
2Crafty chipboard
Scrap FX chipboard
Jo Sonja paints
Prima "say it with studs"
laces
Flowers by
Prima
Petaloo
D-lish 
Enthaily

Thanks for taking the time to stop by
and till next time

keep on scrapping


Carol xx


No comments:

Post a Comment