Monday 13 July 2015

" Let the Good Times Roll "

Well hello everyone and thank you all so much for taking the time to have a peek at my little blog.
Today I am very happy to share with you a layout that I recently did at a retreat in the beautiful Hunter Valley, NSW for D-lish Scraps as part of the Design Team.

We were all lucky enough to have the very talented Lisa Oxley teach us this stunning and very colourful technique at the retreat.

Of course this layout was completed using all the beautiful embellishments from D-lish Scraps



On a blank piece of cardstock we stamped the outline of the lady. 
Then using Dylusions we added the wonder rainbow of 
colour down the page.
Once I had dried the layout I used my Water colour pencils to add 
all the beautiful colour to the lady and make her come alive.

D-lish have some fantastic flairs and the one in this photo was just perfect to document this retreat.
As is the case at most retreats you have the traditional 
group photo and this retreat was no different.
I am second from the left. 
I must say it was an amazing bunch of ladies and I think that
 everyone had the best time.


Because of the bold colours of the Dylusions I decided to do all the chipboard in black to pop it off the page. I matted the photo in black, green and the striped paper.
Lots of stamping with the matching distress inks.


Lots of D-lish flowers but I placed them to match the colours of the Dylusions. 
The black flourish chipboard from Scrap FX is magical winding through the flowers.


D-lish have some really pretty flowers and other embellishments
and are so worth having a look at when you are in the market
for some top quality embellishments.

Some of the products used;
white cardstock
Archival ink
Distress inks
Dylusions
D-lish- flowers, chipboard, flair and title
gel pen
Water colour pencils


thanks for taking a peek here
have a great day 
and till next time
keep on scrapping

Carol xx



No comments:

Post a Comment