Monday 29 June 2015

" Living the Dream "


Hi there, 
today I'm pleased to be able to share a
 D-lish Scraps design team layout with you all.

 I was at a retreat in the beautiful beautiful Hunter Valley recently when I created this layout for D-lish for the DT.
This is a photo of a friends daughter and  isn't that that gorgeous gold dress just stunning.
I loved the backdrop of the old rusty car with the iron roof so much that I wanted to try and make this page with a reel rustic feel.


First I wanted to replicate the rusty car and the corrugated iron, so I went to work on the corrugated board. I think I used about 10 different colours of paint. Slowly adding colour by colour till I got the effect that I was after. Once I had the colours tight I smudged some gold and bronze distress ink randomly over the whole board.




I just adore this paper and use it alot on my backgrounds. I added some brick work and then not liking the plain look slowly painted each brick with gold texture paste.  A bit of green and blue ink sprayed around the brick work. The gold flairs just were a great little extra.




I tore a strip across the bottom and then across the top and just t show that wonderful corrugated board I tore the triangle piece out. Everything is edged in bronze distress ink, The trees and chippy pieces are all painted in that beautiful dark green,



You can see all the flowers and layers that I added to the layout. I had the gold flowers in my stash but the blue ones I had to paint to get the right colour blue. I love the effect of adding the punchinella to this rustic layout and yes I had to change its colour from silver to gold.


I am loving the Scrap FX chipboard and this title is just an example of their wonderful range. 
I used their tree and cogs on the page too.  I have a new love of the gold corners that I used on this photo and I think you could use them on so many different styles.


Well how many of us have those brads sitting in our stash and if your like me you just don't use them. Well I think on thi layout they look amazing. I covered the rivets that were printed on the paper.


Thanks for stopping by 
and till next time

keep on scrapping 

Carol xx

No comments:

Post a Comment