Saturday 6 June 2015

" Funny Faces "

Welcome all this is my Design Team layout for Major case file 166 
at 

I wanted to try something a little fun, a little different from my real girly layouts. This was the perfect photo and I must say one my daughter was horrified that I used. 
Oh well that's the joys of being Mum.

These are my normally gorgeous granddaughters and my daughter. They had a lovely time playing with makeup. Mum did their tiny little faces and made them look like the Bratz dolls and then it was their turn. I just love  my daughters eyebrows.


The Case File Elements and the sketch I used;
The Scheme- pale yellow, pale minty green, bright Turquoise, bright red and penny brown.
The Evidence; I used stripes,scallops,flowers,butterflies, paint, ribbons/bows and stamps
The Testimony; I added my journaling on the "I love you"
tag at the back of the photo. 
I used a list of 8
1. One bored Mum
2. Two bored children
3. Some makeup
4. Dark eyes
5.Red Lips
6.Wild eyebrows
7.Smiling for the camera
8. lots of giggles and little girls that look like Bratz Dolls

I sliced the paper and put some eyelets along the edge. Threaded some ribbon and a tied the end into a bow.
On the background I added butterflies with a stencil and coloured them with Gelatos.


Added some paint splatters and lace to the background for extra texture. Layers behind the photo.

Lots embellies, the little resin handbag, bows, flowers of course and the ladybirds.
I die cut some black heart for a bit of pop.

I cut the bow out of some of the scraps of papers from the layers, just to match them all in.

I always try to use flowers of different sizes and styles.
I think it adds interest.

I really like the Kaisercraft cutouts and added
a couple of the  fairies to this layout.

Some of the products used;
papers
plain cardstock
Blue Fern Montage " Now and Then"
Bo Bunny Country Garden letters
Kaisercraft Devonshire Collection "Guinevere"
Impasto
Gelatos
Kaisercraft cutouts
Kaisercraft stamps
2Crafty Chipboard
Prima flowers
Petaloo flowers
Enthaily ladybirds
Lindy Stamp Gang Inks

thanks for stopping by
have a great day

Carol xx



No comments:

Post a Comment