Friday 13 June 2014

" The Sheriff "

A Boys Layout of Jake and Wade



Hi everyone, I thought it was about time that I scrapped a page of my boys for a change. With so many of the challenges online being for the girls it hard to scrap boy pages. 
 Scrap the Boys is a site dedicated to scrapping those male pages. This is my take on the June challenge which is using a larger picture  ( we all have them ) The trend seems to be to use much smaller pictures and more than one. 
The size that I went with is a 5 x 7. This photo was taken at Old Sydney Town on the Central Coast. It is of my 2 son's Jake and Wade. My how they have grown. This photo was taken about 1997






 These are just a couple of closeups. I did heaps of painting and embossing on this page. The corrugated background was painted as was most of the chippies. The Sheriffs badge was on a hat we had in the shed. Perfect!! Inka Gold paste in the copper colour was brilliant on my painted embellies. I wanted the page to have an olde rusty look and I think I achieved that. My cheapest embellishment has to be the rusty bottle tops on the rosettes. They are carparks everywhere, I have been collecting them for a while and love to use them on vintage or male pages.

Thanks for stopping by
keep smiling 
Carol xx

No comments:

Post a Comment