Monday 5 May 2014

" Love "

 A very special day in my life....



I created this layout for the White With One challenge for the month of May. This month the challenge was to only use the colors white and gold.
                                            http://whitewith1.blogspot.com.au/

This palette was a bit of a challenge as I had heaps of embellishments that would work perfectly but I didn't have any papers in my stash with the color gold in them. So after deciding that a wedding photo was the way I wanted to go with this layout I went about making my papers. This is a photo of my wedding day at Surfers Paradise, Queensland. Walking along the beach  just on dusk after the ceremony we had the most beautiful thunderstorm storm in the background. With all that happening it made the perfect lighting to create the most beautiful photos.  


I used heaps of gesso and glitter to create the base page on my layout. There is so much texture in the layout as I used embossing stamping, glitter, punching, painting and lace. All that was just to create the white and gold papers as I didn't have any in my stash. I loved the layers in this layout and the result from the gesso and glitter on the paper was better than I expected, very pretty.

All the flowers had to be colored as I also didn't have any gold flowers. Lucky for me I had a little of the white and gold ribbon to use. The twin hearts were colored with Stayzon, as silver was just not going to cut it on this page. I love the gorgeous 2Crafty hearts across the front of the photo and the title too. he white feathers were a last minute inclusion and I must say that are so pretty and soft on the layout.

Thanks for stopping by
Keep smiling 

Carol xx

No comments:

Post a Comment