Friday 16 January 2015

" A Christmas to Remember "


Welcome everyone to a special Collaboration case file CC - 4 at
CSI; Color, Stories and Inspiration
and 
Words and Paintery.
These two challenge sites have got together to create this amazing case file.
What a fantastic idea, make one project and participate in both challenges AND be eligible for even MORE prizes. Take a peek at some of the wonderful creations at both of these sites, amazing!! I must add its fantastic to see my work featured on another challenge site too with their Design Team members.

Now for my interpretation of the case file.
This is a picture of my daughter Kyra with Elsa and Anna from the film Frozen. This photo was taken this Christmas. I decided to construct a" photo booth" for Christmas photo's. My granddaughter wanted her Mum to have a photo taken with her favorite dolls. The case file is full of snowflakes and all things wintery and as we, in Australia don't have a cold Christmas or for that matter, I live in an area that never has snow so this was the closest I could get to a " frozen" theme.
I don't usually like doing blue colours but this case file is a beauty and I had a great time doing it.








The case file at CSI  and the challenge at Words and Paintery

Now for the case file requirements.
The Scheme; All 5 colours used: aqua blue, true blue, taupe, light gray and off white.

The Evidence ; I used stripes, snowflakes, silver metal, 3 of something, stars, glitter, texture paste, hearts,

The Testimony; I used the inspirational word " Celebrate & Overcome"
 On this layout I documented the testimony on the back of the layout and it reads;

Every year I try to do something a little different so its not the same  Christmas. It might be the way we wrap the pressies under the tree, I might change the way I cook the food or add another yummy item to the menu, I like to change something a little but remember it will always be special. 

 I always have trouble getting my family to have photo's taken so this year (2015) I decided I would overcome this problem by collecting bits and pieces of Christmas dressups, set up the camera on a tripod, create an area i the yard for a " photo booth " and let everyone have some fun. It didn't matter who was in the photo or how many photo's were taken all I wanted was some special memories of everyone as we celebrated Christmas and everything it means to us. I captured in excess of 175 photos of my family. This is just one of them.

NOW FOR THE CLOSEUPS......

Lots of glitter, pearls and all things shiny on this layout.
The little silver snowflakes came off a card  someone had sent me.
I like to recycle..
Clear Gesso on the background and some black stamping.
I used silks on the chippies
to give them more of a shimmer than glitter.


I love the Green Tara ribbon that I used on this layout.
 It has string woven through it that you pull and tie
and you get left with this beautiful little cluster.
I added the length of lace after I coloured it with inks.


Love the doilies and of course flowers.
Bigger snowflakes with heart shapes of pearls in the middle.
Theres that very pretty ribbon again.

Some of the items used
Gesso and Impasto
Silks
2Crafty Chippies
Green Tara Ribbon
Kaszazz pearls
Prima flowers
Papers; bazzill
Kaisercraft Base coat- Shabby Chic
Lindy Stamp Gang sprays
Gelatoes

Thanks for stopping by
have a great day 

Carol xx


No comments:

Post a Comment