Saturday 24 January 2015

" Cherish the Moments "


 Case File 153 at CSI: Color, Stories and Inspiration

Hi everyone and welcome to another case file at CSI. This one is a stunner and I had a fantastic time creating this very special layout. I think anytime that you get the opportunity to scrap important people in your family it just makes the layout that little more special.
  In the photo from the left is my Mum, my Nanna and my Aunty Joan. My Mum would have been about 19 in this photo. My Nanna was a machinist in an English sewing factory making parachutes for WW2. The factory put on a family day for all its workers to Southport and my Mum and my Aunty went along. Mum tells me that this is the day that she taught my Aunty to smoke and drink. How times have changed.




CSI have got some wonderful sponsors for this months case files. CSI have changed their structure for prizes and now every layout that makes The Most Wanted List for the month will be given a number and go in a random draw for some very special prizes. To many new things go on over at CSI to list all at once so over the next few entries I will expand on them.




 Case File 153
The Scheme- pale coral/peach, orangey red, pale seafoam green, pale pale yellow and dusty brown- all used
The Evidence- I used border punch, lace, texture paste, circles, ribbon, sprinkle something
The Testimony- I have placed my journalling on the tags that are located to the left of the picture. They are the ones with black metal flowers on them. There are three in total and when you pull them out I have documented some personal memories of these very special women in my family. I hope you will understand why I don't want to share these memories.

Now for some closeups and details
Lots of flowers a bit of fussy cutting in the background.
Heaps of bling on the very
girly page.

Glitter on 2Crafty chippies and texture paste on the background.
Gelatos ad the colour and then some black stamping to finish it off.

Love the bow die that I got for Christmas and I've used it on this
 layout  to create some pretty little bows.
Bits of lace and Flourish with Blings black rhinestones



I cut out a square in the middle of the background paper
and then used it as one of the layers.
I added a single row of  black Rhinestones
around the edge of the cut out.






some of the items used;
Papers- Prima Rondelle, Pavanne, Cabriole and Sovienne
Bo Bunny Somewhere in time
2Crafty chippies
Green Tara ribbon
Prima flowers
Petaloo butterflies
Gelatos
Green Tara laces
Flourish with Bling Rhinestones


Thanks for stopping by
have a great day

Carol xx


No comments:

Post a Comment