Saturday 13 December 2014

" Fun is....."

Hello and welcome to a fantastic Case File at Color, Stories and Inspiration (CSI)


This is my DT work for case file 149. I really struggle with the colour blue and the last few case files have been just that, BLUE !! So it was time to put my fears away and tackle blue head on. We all have those colours that we may not be comfortable with or just don't use that much or not at all, so I challenge everyone to create a layout using the colour that you use the least.  CSI has made me confront this nemesis head on and I am so happy with the result on this one. This was a trip to Mt Buller in Victoria, Australia with my 2 children. What a great day as it was their first trip. I used to love these first time trips, their little faces and how they would light up seeing something for the first time.


The case file and the sketch by the very talented
Emma Stafrace http://emisjustagirlwithideas.blogspot.com.au/

The Scheme; All colours represented,midnight blue, lime green, light blue, teal blue, bright yellow.
The Evidence; I used the following- stars,hearts,fringe, polka dots, swirls (hard to see but they are in the background) use heat, mixed media.
The Testimony; I was inspired by paper wishes, being, a favourite childhood memory but I did it in the eyes of my children and it is as the title says FUN is... and then the five memories of our first trip to see snow.
1. Fun is .. taking my children to the snow for the first time.
2. Fun is... Watching the smiles on their faces as they make snow men
3. Fun is.. Watching and laughing as they struggle to stand in the snow.
4. Fun is.. Mowing down my son whilst I'm on the toboggan.
5. Fun is... Hot chocolate and 2 kids sleeping for the trip home.
Now for some close ups and details
2Crafty Chipboard pieces, well this was a mission, first Gesso then
I has some Aleene's True Snow left over from my Christmas cards so I dabbed all over the chippy pieces and snowflakes.
Then  mixing paint until I was happy with the colour and finishing it all off with Stickles.
Love that the snow flakes look like snow. 

I decided to mount my journalling on plain bazzill which matches
the bazzill that the photos are mounted on. Its the same as the first layer of paper.
The frames around the photos are from the 2Crafty Circle Revolutions pack, they are the blanks that are left when you take the frames out.




Snowflakes sparkling across the top


Lots of stamping and layers of pretty doilies.


Snowflakes poked into my gorgeous flower clusters.

Some of the items that I have used:
Papers- bazzill
Unknown polka dot paper
Gesso and Impasto
Jo Sonja paints
2Crafty chipboard
Prima flowers
Petaloo Flowers
Green Tara flowers
Stickles
Aleena's True Snow
Lace



Thanks for stopping by

Carol xx

No comments:

Post a Comment