Sunday 16 August 2015

" Sisters Together "

Hi all and welcome back to my little blog.
Today I am sharing a layout that I have created as part of the Design Team at CSI

I love working with the case files at CSI. I just get so much inspiration when I first receive them. 
Sometimes its the  colours that starts me or the embellishments (evidence) or sometimes it will be the journalling, but what ever the starting point is I think that the case files are fantastic way to get that mojo going.

This is case file 173.

This is a photo of my granddaughters Emelia on the right and Eliza. Their Mum snapped this gorgeous photo of older sister helping her little sister getting dressed.
We are hoping to take the same photo when one of them is getting married and the other is helping getting her sister dressing for the big day.
Planning my scrapping ahead.

For the background I have placed strips of paper vertical on the cardstock 
slanting it down the page (as per evidence)
Then I added the green paint, plasterers tape and grid stencil with Texture paste. Finished off the background with some black stamping.

Case File Elements:
The Scheme (colours) Light sea foam green, dark teal green, carnation pink, maraschino cherry red and white.
The evidence: I have used, grid pattern, flowers, wet medium, animals, leaves, labels, flourishes, slant something and distressing.
The Journalling: I used the Presentation idea for my journalling.
I journaled on the top of the page on the zig zag pattern of the middle paper. It says IDEA; I am going to photograph these two when one of them gets married. I think the two photos will be wonderful scrapped together.

You can see all the layers and textures that I have put on this page.
I fussy cut out some flowers and added them to the clusters

I decided to ink all the chipboard with black to make it stand out on the layout.
I think this title by ScrapFX is just perfect.

I love to add Kaisercut outs to my pages and this one is no different. 
I have on on each side of the photo. You can see little bits of 
black flourish peeking out of the clusters. 
The green flowers were white I have painted them with silks to 
match the colours in the layout.

White leaves, something I don't use very often but they look 
so good on this page. I distressed the edges, inked and stamped
a stitches border, one I use on most of my layouts..

My journalling is on the middle paper on the zig zag. 
Something a little different.

Some of the products I have used.
Card stock
pattern paper
Bo Bunny "star crossed" Collection pack
texture paste
Kaisercut outs
Kaiser stamps
Archival inks
distress inks
D-lish flowers
plasterers tape
resin embellishments
Net butterflies

thanks for stopping by
Till next time
Keep on scrapping

Carol xx

No comments:

Post a Comment