Saturday 28 February 2015

" Sweet Story "

CSI: Color, Stories and Inspiration
Case File 156
Hi everyone and thanks for taking the time to stop by and have a look at my latest creation.
This time I found this photo of one very special family in my life. 
In this photo is my oldest and closest friend "Wendy" 
with her grown up boys " Jared & Jess " and her gorgeous Mum " Thelma ".
Wendy and I became friends over 30 years ago in the small country town of Poowong, Victoria.
Even though we don't live close anymore, as I live about 1200 ks away, we still are close friends. I sometimes miss that she isn't just up the road but keep in contact and definitely don't see her often enough. 
I have been blessed to have been her friend long enough to see her boys grow into the wonderful men that they have become.
Thank-you for being my friend this one is for you. xoxox
Now for the case file details:
The Scheme- bright coral, yellow green, warm gray, white and tan. All can be seen
The Evidence - I used leaves, flowers, rub-ons, stamps, postage stamps, mixed media background, cursive font,
triangles.
The Testimony- I used " one little word" and wrote on the back of the page.
 The word I chose was THANKFUL.
It reads;
I am thankful to have met you,
I am thankful that we have shared some very special times together
I am thankful that I was with you when you were in labor with Jess
I am thankful that you were by my side when I gave birth to my youngest son
I am thankful that we have always been able to be a support for each other in the bad times
I am thankful that you have never judged me
I am thankful that you have always been honest with me
I am thankful that no matter how much distance is between us we are still friends
I am thankful that when we do get together it seems like we only saw each other yesterday
I am thankful that you are my friend
NOW FOR SOME CLOSE UPS AND DETAILS

I lightly coated the background with clear gesso so I didn't lose any of the pattern.
Then some texture paste and a triangle stencil
 I made on my new toy my Brother Scan and Cut.

All the chippies have been inked in black.
 I mixed the geometrics with the flowers and love the effect.

Didn't have an ink in the colour I wanted for the bud chippies so I mixed paints until I was happy with the colour.
Highlighted some of the triangles in the background with
a paint brush and some distress ink.
Distressed all the edges of the papers and inked them.



This is the case file where I got my inspiration.
Some of the products used:
PAPERS;
Prima- Epiphany Collection
Bazzill
Kaszazz
2Crafty chipboard
Prima flowers
Prima Color Blooms inks
Impasto
Gesso
Jo Sonja paints
scraps of papers for the layers
Kaisercraft clear stickers - title
Washi tape





Thanks for stopping by
Have a great day 
Carol xx

No comments:

Post a Comment