Friday 6 November 2015

" Memories are made of THIS "


Hello everyone and thank you for stopping by my little blog.
This is a layout that I did as part of my Design Team requirements at D-lish Scraps. It was one of the last ones that I did during my term on this great team.

This is a photo of myself and my three gorgeous kids, yes I am biased and proud of it. I started off  doing a layout for my granddaughters but the colours where a bit dark so I decided that it needed to have older people in the photo. I love the black and white of the photo against the black, gold and red of the layout.

I distressed the edges and then inked them with Viva Inka Gold. 
You can see that I sued the same gold on the edges of the black leaves too. 
Triangles and dots in 
white texture paste and then I splashed
the background with both red, yellow and orange paint.




I love the ScrapFX heart chain and inked it in black 
and randomly adhered some gold micro beads.
I did the same effect on the chippy flourish too but I used
red Micro Beads.




A white doily became gold with Inka gold paste which I added a little water to so it was more manageable as did the little flower.
I love D-lish's gold flairs and I think it looks awesome on this layout.


I embossed all the cogs and the title in deep red and then smudged Inka gold on the 
edges. Bright yellow flowers for a little pop. I fussy cut out
the butterflies from a scrap of paper.



I added some clocks to the layers which I think just look 
brilliant on this layout.

Some of the products I used...
Plain cardstock
Graphic 45 Papers
Kaisercraft "Sweet Nothings" paper
ScrapFX chipboard
Prima flowers
D-lish flowers
Green Tara flowers
Inka Gold paste
Distress inks
Ceramcoat Paints
Micro beads
Embossing powder
Doilies
D-lish flairs

thanks for stopping by
and till next time
keep on scrapping

Carol xx



No comments:

Post a Comment