Monday 16 November 2015

" Forgotten Times "


Hi everyone and today I'm sharing a layout that I did for Color, Stories and Inspiration
This is for Major case file 181. 
The Major case files are the ones that are open for you to play for the whole month.

This is my Grandfather taken many many years ago in Europe. My maternal Grandfather was a steeplechase jokey from England but his riding took him all over Europe. In this picture he is with an unknown male and his " Au pair"  My Grandfather is the one on the right.
This has been a contentious issue in our family for a long time. Au pairs back then were typically foreign women that move into a family to look after the children and a share of the house work for a small amount of money. At the time of this photo my Grandfather was not living at home, not married and did not have any children, so who is the mysterious woman.
Yes, we have all come up with some very different and interesting stories of who this woman actually was and we will never know the real truth so our stories will still go on.


I loved the colours in this case file and it just had a real steam-punk feel to it.
I distressed the edges and random punched and then inked it.


The Case File Elements:
The Scheme: light Kraft, black, brick red, turquoise and ivory. All accounted for.
The Evidence: I used Kraft background, frames, other transport elements, metal, stamps, cogs, clock, string.
I used a prompt from Your Personal History. "Old Photographs" Part of the testimony is on the tags behind the photos and the rest is on the back of the layout. It is the same as above....

Major case file 181



I coloured all the chipboard in the Turquoise to make it pop and it just did that,

All the cogs were embossed with brick red and then I smudged that black ink again.

I added black to the flourish on the frames and smudged it across the top of the 
title for a different effect.


Die cut the clocks and added the arrow chippy pieces in the turquoise,
Lace, brads,metal bit and flowers to finish it all off.



Love these hessian balloons. Just think the old sepia photos
went perfectly.

Some of the products I used...
Kaisercraft "Art of Life" paper
Graphic45  Kraft reflection " Bits and Pieces" paper
ScrapFX chipboard, frames, cogs, arrows and title
Prima flowers
Green Tara lace
string
Indigoblu stamps
Kaisercraft stamps
Distress inks
Brads
Prima Junkyard findiongs
Embossing powder
Jo Sonja paints

thanks for stopping by
till next time
keep on scrapping

Carol xx





No comments:

Post a Comment