Sunday 9 August 2015

" Woo Hoo " My 2 page feature in Australian Scrapbook Ideas "

Hi everyone...
This is my showoff post.
Recently I was asked if I would like to create some layouts for a very well known scrapbook magazine, Australian Scrapbook Ideas. Well as you can imagine I jumped at the chance to do it.
I was so excited and nervous.

When the details came though I realised that the mag wanted not one, not two but 2 Double layouts, WOW !! Now I was really nervous.
Criteria: 2 doubles using only the colours red, white and pink. Oh and hearts lots and lots of them.
This was a real challenge as I don't do doubles and them to do them for a mag with limited colours and hearts.
But I did them and am more than happy with the way they turned out.

I know they were published  awhile ago and to tell you the truth  I had completely forgotten and never did the post for them, so here it is. I hope you like them.



The first set of doubles........


 This is one of the photos from the photo booth that we had for Christmas. It is 4 generations of girls in my family. My Mum, me, my daughter Kyra and her 2 daughters Emelia and Eliza


Lots of layers with Washi tape. I used red Gelatos to get the colour on the background. I played with the photos leaving the frames red and making the rest of the photo black and white. The red frame on the photo meant that I didn't need to matt the photos. All the chipboard was inked red or painted white. I made some bows and love the material white roses with the green leaves. I handmade the little hearts that are scattered throughout the layout. Some black stamping finished off the layout,
.

                            The second set of doubles ........


These photos were taken at our wedding. We had all our photos taken before we were married. We now have photos in gardens, beach shots, rocks and in private gardens. I converted them into black and white.


For these layouts I tore strips off the bottom and the top of the pages, added some lace and the floral paper into the layers. I cuts out thousands (seemed like it) of little hearts on my Brother scan and cut. I adhered then across the 2 pages linking the photos. I love the way my hubby looks like he is looking up and I look like I'm looking down. The title says " 10 reasons why I love you" So I made up my 10 reasons and placed then across the heart trail. The leafy flourish I painted green and added roses. The longest part of the whole process was painting a black line around each of the hearts.


These are the pages from the magazine..








You can imagine my excitement when I was approached to do this..
Although I was so excited I was also very sad as this was the last edition of Australian Scrapbook Idea to be published.

Thanks for stopping by
and till next time
keep on scrapping

Carol xx

No comments:

Post a Comment