Saturday 8 August 2015

" Lifes a Beach "


Hi everyone and thanks for stopping by.
Today I am happy to share a layout that I did for Color, Stories and Inspiration as part of the Design Team.
This is for Major Case File 172.

These photos were taken at the beautiful Jimbaran Bay in the wonderful country of Bali.
I decided to surprise my hubby for his 50th birthday and our anniversary (yes we married on his birthday) and take him to Bali for a holiday.
This was so special to him because I have a chronic fear of flying so for me to organise the whole trip including me getting on a plane was huge and he knew it. I gave him the present 2 days before we were due to fly out. 
On his birthday I gave him a box of wishes. In the box was
 1 Million Rupiah, he always wanted to be a millionaire.
2 airline tickets, he knew I didn't fly so this was a big one.
Some spending money and pamphlets to our hotel.
I can't be sure but I think there was a tear or two.

The Case File Elements;
The scheme- turquoise, buttery yellow, deep crimson, grayish teal and taupe. all present.
The Evidence; I used map print (in the layers) travel elements, nautical elements, wet medium, string, mesh, metal and clock part.
The testimony;  I printed up some of the postcards and journalled on them and then popped them behind the photos.
This is what it says, Jimbaran Bay, 2011 in beautiful Bali. Sitting on the beach having a seafood feast watching the magnificent sunset, being treated like a king and queen.
 I surprised you with a magical trip for  your 50th birthday. I made a huge sacrifice and walked onto a plane just to take you on a holiday that you would always remember. I made you a millionaire, not in aussie money but you never specified which currency. We had a wonderful trip jam packed full of memories of laughter, amazement, wonder and above all, of us being together.


Major Case File 172 with the sketch by Emma Stafrace.
Don't forget this cse file goes for the whole month
so you have heaps of time to get you entries in.

Now for some closeups and details



Distressed all the edges. The Green Tara flowers
clustered with shells and the little thongs.
I added an anchor with some chain coming off it. I added little
bits and bobs to the clusters like the cameras.




\\
 These four photos are stunning with the sunset in the background 
and just suit the sketch so well. I love he postcards that are available to print out on this case file. I used 3 and added the string for my journalling.
I used a Kaiser cutouts for this layouts. The pack had lots of beachy bits in it.
I loved the palm tress. Bits of string coming out from the sides of the photo all add to 
that beachy feel.




I had the surfboard floating around in my stash so I covered it with some paper and 
using my Motex writer I wrote the title on it. The anchor and star fish were in the pack. I added the camera and  clock face were in my stash.


This banner was a last minute inclusion as they were in the beach pack
and I spied them as I was putting it away. Thongs and some string finished 
it off, To finish the whole layout I splattered white gesso over everything and wiped it
over the flowers.

Thanks for stopping by
and till next time 
keep on scrapping 

Carol xx


No comments:

Post a Comment