Saturday 3 January 2015

" Please no Photos "


HAPPY NEW YEAR  !!!

Welcome everyone and I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with your families and I wish you all safe and healthy New Year

This is the first case file for CSI for 2015  and its a beauty. 
You will notice that there have been a few changes at CSI late last year and I for one think that the changes are fantastic. 
We don't have a challenge each Friday which gives you a little more time to complete the case files.
We now have one of the case files that runs for the whole month, which is brilliant. That case file is the first one of the month.
So now you can either do all  the case files  or if its easier for you,  do one once a month but no matter what you decide you can join in.
So come on and have a go, its so much fun at CSI, click on the link, you have nothing to lose...



Now for Case File no 151 and yes this is the one that goes for the whole month of January.

This Christmas I decided to have a " photo booth". I collected a heap of Christmas dressups and some not so festive. I hunted around for a couple of frames and DH painted them for me. We set up the camera on the tripod and put up the backdrop and let everyone take as many photos of themselves. I now have some fantastic photos to scrap and not one argument over having a photo taken. We will definitely be doing this again next year.
 This is my very patient hubby (the scrap widower) with our little dog"Charli Girl" Charli Girl was not impressed with having to wear reindeer ears. 


Love the "Grumpy Cat" Scene for this case file and I think my hubby's photo sorta depicts it perfectly.
Emma Stafrace did a great job on the sketch for this case too.
www.theniftypixel.com.au 
Now for the case file elements;
The Scheme; All colours here.. bright sea-foam green, carnation pink, bright white, cream and grayish green.
The Evidence; I used frames, pleating,triangles (mesh), cat/other animal, loops(testimony) something fuzzy and texture paste.
The Testimony I hand wrote my testimony on my page and used the Inspiration Words. You can see the testimony looped around a white stamp on the background.
There are 4 which say;
1. Christmas Photo Booth 2014 Pat and Charli Girl
2.Pat's not really grumpy, he loves to dress up.
3. Pat was reluctant to dress up but loves the little hat
4. Pat's not grumpy, that's his happy face


NOW FOR SOME CLOSE UPS AND DETAILS

I covered the paper with clear Gesso. I love the black stamping
and inked all the chippies in black Memento ink.
The ring around Charli Girl is the left over from a 2Crafty set.

Fussy cut out some flowers which gives a nice layer.
You can see some plasterers mesh on the background.

Finally I was able to use my Tim Holtz die to cut out the rosettes
  
I tore the strips out down the page and then placed the paper on a
painted piece of corrugated board. Love the effect on this one.

Some of the items used
Gesso
Impasto
inks
2Crafty chipboard
Prima flowers
Petaloo flowers
Kaisercraft cutouts
Studio Calico wooden camera
plasterers mesh
Kaiser stamps


Thanks for stopping by
don't forget to leave some love

Carol xo



No comments:

Post a Comment