Thursday 8 January 2015

" Always Treasure Life "

Hi everyone.
I'm so excited and proud to be able to share this very special
  layout that I created for my Mum.
Scrap Around The World has the most beautiful mood board this month and when I saw it I just knew I had to do a layout.

This board had me from the stunning soft pink roses, the shabby chic feel and I might add the whole vintage feel of the mood board. The colours are my all time favourites and I used the the clock to represent the travel of time, how quick it goes by and how precious our life is. 
My gorgeous mum who was approx 20 years old when this photo was taken, is now in her late 80s and still going strong. She is still as gorgeous to me as she was in this photo.

Lots of my most favourite things ....
flowers, lace, lots of goodies and of course all things girly

Clear Gesso on the background and just a little bit of stencilling
I used a prima frame and added some colours to
replicate the colours on the clock real gave it a worn look,

Love the large lace and added some Kaisercrafts collectables.
The words were on a strip on the end of the
wood grain Kaisercraft (Blue Bay )paper that I used
.
I've inked and painted the 2Crafty chippies. I used some Silks on
the flourish chippies as they gave a real soft colour.
Love my new little bow die
(thanks Julianne who bought it for me for Christmas)
The chippy locks and keys were painted the same as the clock frame.
I love that it finished up looking very vintage. Green Tara ribbon
to hold them all in place. (love this ribbon )

Some of the items I used.....
Clear Gesso
Impasto
Papers: Plain Bazzill
Kaisercraft Blue Bay Collection
2Crafty Chipboard
Green Tara Ribbon and flowers
Prima flowers
Petaloo Flowers
Kaisercraft Collectables
Silks
Prima Color Bloom sprays
Prima resin frame and mannequin
Bits and pieces of left over papers



 Thanks for stopping by

     have a great day

      Carol xx









No comments:

Post a Comment