Friday 9 May 2014

" Happy Birthday "


Scrap Around The World
May Challenge

This is a layout that I created for my daughters 5th Birthday.   I got my inspiration for this layout from the Scrap Around The World's mood board for May. " Celebrations " being the theme for the mood board I could think of nothing better than using a birthday photo for this challenge.  Birthday are our way of recognizing each year that we have been alive.  Scrap Around the World is celebrating their first year and my daughter Kyra will be celebrating nearly 30 years.




                                                                                                                                                                   



There were so many beautiful elements in this mood board that I wanted to use. I started with the colours. Pink, green, yellow, cream, gold and white were my choices from the board. In the background I have used heaps of Impasto paste to create stars on the background. Then using my fantastic Gelatos I added all the colours above, even the gold.
I matted my photos on gold cardstock for something a little different. I used cream cardstock rather than white and pretty cream pearls. The little green bows from the shoes I used to hold the bunches of balloons which were also on the mood board.
The pinks and greens are prominent all through my layout.
The cute pink crown on my daughter head was a last minute addition.   The parcels have gorgeous doilies on them which I love to use on many of my layouts and this one being no exception I have used them again.                                                                                                                                                            
I noticed that there were some tiny hearts on the macrons which I have also added to the background. Found this little girl in my stash and thought she would like to be at a party as did all the friends that were invited.
This is the beautiful mood board created by http://helentilbury.blogspot.com/ for Scrap Around The World that I based my layout on.

Thanks for stopping by
keep smiling

Carol xx









No comments:

Post a Comment