Sunday 31 August 2014

" Cherish you "





REVEAL NO 5
AT CSI (Color, Stories and Inspiration)
Hi everyone well this is my last reveal as August Special Investigator at Color Stores and Inspiration (CSI) case file 137.
I have had a wonderful time with these challenges and have been so pushed out of my comfort zone. Having to create as a guest designer was an amazing honor and something that I took very serious and tried my best to present layouts that  I hoped were inspirational.

In  this layout I have scrapped my eldest, my daughter Kyra. I loved these photos and couldn't decide which one to use so I decided to use one and have the cheeky one in the resin frame. I love the way it gives the perception that she is looking at the framed photo.


The Scheme: warm gray, white, bright yellow, bold orange and medium pink... all used and obviously so.
The Evidence: I have used Polka dots, stripes, envelope, melt something, texture paper, metal, flourishes and labels.
The Testimony: I put some journalling on the back of the envelope and finished it off on the back of the layout. It goes like this,
Kyra, you are the oldest of my children. Your are the mother of my 2 grandchildren. You are an exceptional daughter, mother and wife. You brighten my life  in ways that I would never be able to explain to you. The effect that you have on everyone that you come in contact with is nothing short of amazing. Your bright, your funny, your loving and most of all you are my daughter and I am extremely proud of the person that you have grown to be. May sunshine always rain on your parade my darling daughter, love forever Mum.

                                                                 Case file 137 at CSI


                                              NOW FOR SOME CLOSE UPS




 Lots of gesso and misting on the background. Some stamping but instead of using black I went with gray to match the case file. Im loving the Kaisercraft cutouts and am adding them to all my layouts now. I love the little extra they add.
Embossing the title really gives it some pop and of course flower and heaps of them. A touch of lace against the folded back paper really gives a nice feel to the layout.

 Question 5
Confession time. What secret do you not want to admit but are willing to confess here?
I struggle starting every layout that I do. Once I start of get an idea or colour combo in my head Im find everything just seems to flow but getting there is hard. This is why I love CSI as it gives me the push I need to start.

Thanks for taking the time 
to stop by

Carol xx

No comments:

Post a Comment