Monday 26 October 2020

Having the Time of our Lives

 Hello everyone and welcome to my

                           Monday Creation.

Today I went a little different with a darker look to my layout. I think its important to be always pushing your boundaries, trying new styles as you would try new techniques. I usually go with a contrast or very soft colours so I hope you like this one.

 I love this photograph of Poppy and Eliza (middle granddaughter) taken a few years ago now. Eliza was and still is fascinated with doing hair. Maybe hairdressing is in her future. Although Poppy doesn't have much to play with he was still a great sport sitting and allowing her to try.

The papers are from a very old 49 &Market range that Ive been saving for who know what. Don't we all do that. Finnabair stencil is one of my favourites and I used some gold Icing paste to add texture to the background. 2Crafty chipboard heart frame, Finnabair metal embellishments and the gorgeous 49 &Markets flowers are just perfect to finish it off. 

There are lots of layers in this one and I will explain some of them in the closeups.

Prills (the small stone like balls) would have to be my all time favourite embellishment to use and here I have added them to the background but also took a piece of brown wire stem, added some 3D adhesive to the end and rolled it in the prills. I love this effect. Finnabairs metal grungy hearts are just a stunning add the finish it off.
The cogs are a great way to add a little masculinity to a feminine layout. Black Gesso and then some Vintage Gold and Copper wax from Finnabair.
The Dusty Attic leaf chipboard was coloured with Prima spray and then I embossed randomly up the centre of each of them,
I die cut some leaves and chicken wire to add some extra texture to the layers but went for a contrast colour. The doilies were inked with Prima spray.

 
 Thanks for stopping by

till next time, keep safe

 Carol x 

No comments:

Post a Comment