Monday 15 February 2016

" You Rock My World"

Hi everyone, thanks so much for dropping by to have a peek at this layout, which I must add, is one of my all time favs.
This one I created for CSI as part of the DT which is for the " Major" case file no 191.
I just love the colours in this case file and of course I
love all things girly so what a combination for me.

This is my eldest granddaughter " Emelia"


I started by created the base page with watercolour which is one of the case file elements.
After if was dry I added the star bursts with some Archival ink and a stencil.
Tear a Kaszazz paper and adding a plain white card stock gave me my starting point.




Love these little owls and I added the "googly eyes" which are one of the case file evidence requirements.I picked up the string in one of the cheap shops recently.
Oh and the circular diamonds are from the Reject shop here in Australia.
They are also stocking a few bits of scrapping item.

I added the bunting which I edged in gold Inka gold paste as I did the edges of the layout.
The other items that I did was to paint the chipboard pieces with the Inka Gold too.




I found some beautiful white and gold ribbon in my stash which I cut out 
some fishtail tags and I ran it through the Bigshot and made some gorgeous little bows 
which you can see on the layout.







I added a huge white polka dot bow to the cluster with all those stunning flowers. There are doilies behind the cluster. The pink and gold butterflies are from a paper in one of those 6 x6 paper packs, I love those.




I added some dots to the background with the Inka Gold paste in the pink colour.
You can see I splashed around some white too.

How beautiful is this case file, so here are the elements that I use:

The Scheme; I used all five colours.
The Evidence: I use the following, watercolour (the base page) strips, birds, stars, triangles, string, banner, hearts and googly eyes.
The Testimony is on the back of the layout, I used the inspirational words and it reads:
Emelia, it is such a treat to have you come over and visit Nanny and Poppy. We both love to hear all your stories and now that you have started school they are longer stories.
On this day we sat on the back deck, with you on the table  with your treats.
I decided to get my camera and while you were engrossed in your tales I snapped these photos. I love that you had no idea what I was doing and the look of surprise on your face when you realised that I was taking them was just so funny.
I rotated the sketch a little but kept the photos the same

Some of the products I used...
Plain  cardstock
Kazazz paper
Kaisercraft 6x6 paper pad "All the Glitters"
Flowers:
Prima - Charlotte
Enthaily
Petaloo -velvet hydrangeas
Green Tara - Fantasy Blooms rose 
Delish - after five
Delish white leaves
Delish heart doily
ScrtapFX chipboard
2crafty chipboard
doilies
watercolour paints
Archival ink
Inka Gold pastes

thanks for stopping by
tiill next time
keep on scrapping

Carol xx










No comments:

Post a Comment