Thursday 10 December 2015

"Don't Follow your Dreams Chase Them "



Welcome everyone 
 I'm here today sharing my latest Design Team layout.
This one is for Color, Stories and Inspiration (CSI) Case File 184

I must say I absolutely love the colours in this case file. So soft and so pretty.
This is a photo of my daughter and my gorgeous granddaughters at the Street Art festival
in the beautiful seaside suburb of The Entrance NSW.


I used a plain white cardstock as the background for this layout. I added some of the circles
with a stencil and some small triangles of pattern paper.
Gelatos with lots of water to get it to drip down the page.
I even added a couple of chipboard dream-catchers to the background 
but there a little hidden.




You can spy the triangles in the background and then I added
plaster tape, and lots of stamping. I think I used 3-4 different stamps on this one.
I am so in love with the little birds peeking out of the flower clusters, so real looking.
Oh I almost forgot the wooden owls that I embossed white.



I use some tulle and made bows out of it, gorgeous effect.
Random punched the edges and added some lace.
Touches of gesso on the edges of the flowers and leaves.



I painted the circle frame in white and added a coat of white shimmer paint.
Using the pegs to hold on the journal tags as per the case file elements
I painted them with glitter which was also an element.


The title and the dream-catchers are painted in the charcoal colour of the 
case file elements. The last thing I did was to flick the remaining Gelato
colour all over the finished layout with some charcoal colour too.

Case File Elements:
The Scheme all five colours are easily seen on this layout.
The Evidence.. I used the following: stars, animals, ribbon/bows, triangles, branches, glitter, grid design, circles.
Testimony: I have handwritten my journalling on a series of labels which I had made. You can see then pegged around the layout.

Some of the items I used:
white cardstock
Martha Stewart punch
lace
Gelatos
texture paste
Finnabair stencil - random bubbles
2Crafty chipboard
ScrapFX chipboard
plasterers tape
Kaisercraft Stamps
Prima flowers
Petaloo flowers
feathers
D-lish flowers
Studio calico 
Stamping up owls
Green Tara flowers
Cremacoat paints


thanks for stopping by
till next time
keep on scrapping

Carol xx







No comments:

Post a Comment