Saturday 7 February 2015

" Wade & Kels "

Hi everyone and thanks for  stopping by. 
This is my latest DT layout for case file 154 at CSI; Color Stories and Inspiration.

This is a great photo of my youngest Wade and his girlfriend Kelsey. Kelsey gave him a hot air balloon ride over the beautiful Hunter Valley NSW,for his 21st birthday. This photo was taken whilst they were in the basket waiting to take off.


I was a bit shaky with the colours for this case file but am very happy with the way it all turned out. I have to admit that I glued all the alphabets onto the background then when I stood back I decided that I could incorporate their names into the background, so I took them all off and started again. Don't you just love this technique, you could use anything on the background, alpha's, bits and pieces of chippies, thickers, numbers the list is endless and such a great way of using up all those leftovers.

Case File Elements:
The Scheme (colours)- cherry red, kraft,bright white, black and olive green. All accounted for.
The Evidence - I used the following- polka dots, stripes,use the alphabet as a design feature, book pages, map print, metal, twine.
The Testimony - I documented about the home to the right of the photo. It reads- I am home whenever Im with you. I also used different fonts/ letters in their names.
On the back I wrote- Kelsey gave Wade the fantastic opportunity to go for a  ride in a hot  air balloon for his 21st birthday. The first day they booked was cancelled due to bad weather. The second booking was fine and they drifted off into the heavens to explore all of the Hunter Valley from the heights and in total silence. The possibilities that this type of ride offers are endless and its all dependent on the weather and the winds. I am so proud of these two young people because they have so much wisdom for two so young and do not hesitate to take every opportunity to go explore a new adventure or a new place together.




Now for the closeups and details




I love the twine as a bow in this cluster,
so easy and so effective.
 I painted on some glue on my chippie pieces
and added some micro beads. 

Had some of this old Kaszazz world map left over and it is just perfect for this case file.
Added the twine around for a bit more texture.
Love the cute saying I made up.



This is case file 154, and we are lucky enough to have some great Sponsors this month so come join in the fun.





thanks for stopping by
have a great weekend

Carol xx




No comments:

Post a Comment