Saturday 6 December 2014

" Wonderful "


Welcome to another Case File for CSI.
I hope you enjoy this layout as much as I loved creating this one.
Case File S365-10 at Color, Stories and Inspiration (CSI)

This case file was created in collaboration with Scrap365  UK's biggest and best online scrapbooking magazine. 

This is my DT reveal for case file 365-10 and I really love the colours in this case file and couldn't wait to get started on this one.
 I have  been wanting to do a couple of photos of my son Wade and his girlfriend Kelsey's recent trip to Europe. I knew that this photo would be just perfect for this case file. The soft pinky/coral of the building and the brickwork are just fabulous. I absolutely loved this paper range and although it was just perfect for case file but also found that its softness suited the photo so well.






The scheme; black, off white,muted salmon, taupe and green all accounted for.
The Evidence; I used the following distressing, metal, flowers/leaves, bricks, raffia/ string/ ribbon, hang something from a ribbon, cursive font, use something powdery
The Testimony; My journalling for this layout had to go on the back of the page. I used the inspiration words. It reads as follows. 
Wade and Kelsey went on a winter holiday to Europe and England in 2014 for 6 weeks. Part of their holiday was touring the Islands of Greece and Croatia via boats. We gave these cruises to Wade as his 21st present which we took comfort in knowing that they would always be very special to him and something that he would always remember and be thankful for. Leaving Australia in winter to head for Greece was a bit of a shock as the temperatures were slightly different, when they left it was 16 degrees and arriving in Greece it was over 40 degrees. Not deterred by the heat they saw all the sights and had some amazing experiences. Even though it was so very hot they loved every minute of their European  holiday and can't wait to save enough money to go back. This  house in Croatia and they just loved it so much they had to have their photo taken outside it. They have so many wonderful photos of their holiday, the sights and the wonderful building that in most cases are older than Australia itself. 


Now for some close ups and details...............


Lots of layers and of course " flowers". I love cutting out the name plates
I think they added something special.

Same cutouts as the name tags for the date. Brick work on
the background matches the bricks in the photo

A little metal birdcage and a camera just some of the
embellies I like to " hide " in my
layouts now

Tulle ribbon made in to bows

some of the items used;
papers
Prima, forever green- Gardens Talk
Rondelle - Sovienne
Epiphany - Manifestation of Love
Plain bazzill
Gesso and Impasto
Jo Sonja paints
2Crafty chipboard
Prima and Green Tara flowers
Green Tara & Kaszazz ribbons
Prima embellies

thanks for stopping by

Carol xx



No comments:

Post a Comment